Thursday

Memory is a good thing

Almost every part of me is aching - jaw, wrist, shoulders, upper back, ankles, hips - and it has been like this for a long time but when I look back it is not the pain I recall. I have very fond memories of holidays and events, occassions when all the family were together. I remember all the happy times and the sad times and not one of these memories involves pain.

I am with James Barrie the author of Peter Pan when he said " God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December". Not that this is my December.

James Matthew Barrie (1860 – 1937 )

Bronze statue of Peter Pan in London's Kensington Gardens created in 1912

Peter Pan and Wendy cover published in 1915


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...